Saturday, November 15, 2008

Eggs

Brooke's chickens continue laying for us. Yesterday, Lily collected 18 eggs! Notice the variations in color of the eggs. The different colors come from different varieties of chickens. I'll have to ask Brooke which variety lays which. Or, Brooke, if you read this, post a comment explaining the varieties you have. Mmmm....I'm getting hungry. Maybe I'll go whip up a quiche or frittata!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie - I saw you had commented on my blog so have a chance to check out yours. NIce! Brooke is doing OK - her husband left her a couple years ago so it hasn't been easy. But she is hanging in there. We had so much fun wine tasting and of course loved Wild Coyote - Or shall I say, loved the owner of Wild Coyote. Great fun!

Brooke said...

For those of you interested in eggs. The greenish blue eggs come from our "Easter Egger" chickens. If you have registered pure bred hens then they are called Americanas, but we dont have the purebred variety. Also the dark red eggs come from our Rhode Island Red hens and the lighter brown eggs come from the other breeds we have. (Barred Rocks, Buff Orpington and Light Brahmas) Hope I spelled all that right. Anyways hope that helps!!