Life goes way too quickly and little moments are often lost. This is my way of recording the big and little moments in our life along with sharing how our family enjoys life on our farm.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
It's working!
I've used the laundry soap for 5 loads of laundry, and it works! I first used it on Charlie's dairy clothes, and they are the worst, especially in the winter. They are full of hay, mud and you know what! All the laundry came out clean. It doesn't smell pretty, but I can buy essential oil to take care of that. It also doesn't suds up as much in the machine as the store bought kind, and that did concern me a bit with the first load. No worries! All the clothes came out clean. I am sold! I will now be making my laundry soap. Make a comment below if I have converted you to homemade laundry soap.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
It looks like a good idea, but I am not sure I want to take the time to make my own soap. How long did the whole process take? Just curious...
It took 45 min. to make the soap Sat. AM. Total time: approximately an hour. I just washed something that had blood on it without pre-treating it, and the stain came right out.
Okay. No conversions here quite yet. But I am interested in it--when things settle down here, I may be looking back on your recipe (and calling you for moral support) maybe during Christmas break:)Or, you could go into business, sounds like you could sell it for quite a profit:) I can see it now: "Julie's homemade laundry soap" or "Jazzy Julie's homemade laundry soap" What do you think?
Hey Julie...I'd buy some from you! ;-)
Post a Comment