Thursday, October 15, 2009

Grace

Grace will be two in one week and two days! And, I will say the obligatory "I can't believe how quickly those 2 years went!" for every other mom that knows exactly what I am talking about. Here's what she's been up to lately:

Repeat - Grace repeats almost everything that is said. She's quickly learning how to communicate and definitely gets her point across! If she can't say it, she shows what she wants, adamantly. Words now come out of her mouth that I had no idea she knew existed. When she gets frustrated, she will ball up her fists, straighten her body and scream so hard the veins pop out in her neck. She says her sister's name very clearly, and it is so cute when she yells it as the bus shows up in the afternoon. Another word that makes me laugh is "naughty." She leaves out the "t" and I can't help but giggle as she says it. Maybe that's why she says "naughy" often during the day. She knows when she's naughty but also knows she's cute when she says it!

Tough - I have never met a tougher kid! She antagonizes her sister mercilessly. Grace knows exactly what to do to make Lily mad. Often, it just involves getting in Lily's space. My 5 year old is quickly reduced to screaming tears because the almost 2 year old is really bugging her. When Grace is "naughy" or hurt, she puts up a stiff upper lip. Most of the time she barrels on and doesn't stop to look back. She did cry pretty hard the other evening when she almost bit through her tongue. Thankfully that area of the body heals pretty quickly, but her tongue is black and blue (I've never seen that before!). She hasn't fully entered into the "terrible twos" yet, but when she's punished, she looks sideways at you and will often refuse to say she's sorry. We're working on that....

Eat - This kid eats like no other. Tonight for dinner she ate twice as much as Lily, who weighs twice as much as Grace! She hasn't met too many items that she doesn't like. As you can see from the picture above, she loves cupcakes, especially the frosting.

Fun - We look at Grace often and laugh. She's such a fun kid with a great personality. I love her curls and hope that those never disappear. She can hang with most kids and is a whiz on her Wiggle Racer. We are taking her to Disneyland right before her birthday and are looking forward to her reaction to that!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I go to Disneyland with Grace???? I sometimes think how fun to be 2 and not have a worry in the world!

Darla

Amy J said...

Loved your post Julie. Grace is adorable!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like Grace and Lily have the same relationship that Kevin and Kyle had when they were little. Kevin was always so sweet to Kyle and Kyle just took it out on him!!! Fortunately, they have grown out of it!!! (18 years later)