Saturday, April 18, 2009

One big fabulous birthday!

Our friend, Darla, had a big birthday last week, and some of her friends put together a surprise birthday party for her in Shell Beach! We drove over Friday morning and lunched and wine tasted along the way. Check out the birthday girl below...I'd say she was surprised! That was especially satisfying because you can't put much over on Darla.
Here's Darla with two of the three of her beautiful girls. If my girls turn out half as sweet, beautiful and amazing as hers have, I'll be happy!
Mike put together the menu and also paired it with great wine. We all contributed by bringing a few items, and the Bos's brought fresh oysters from Avila! They were so good, we bought some today and brought them home for tomorrow night.
Here's the entire group at sunset. Thanks, Warren and Tracy, for hosting us at your beautiful home! We had a fabulous time, and it was so nice to get away for a night without the girls. Happy birthday, Darla. You're a great friend, and we've enjoyed all the great times we've had with you and your family. We're looking forward to many more!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

kim said...

Looks like FUN! Thought of you often. Great pics.

Anonymous said...

Julie love the pictures, I would love to have some copies when you get time. Glad that you and Charlie could make it and as you can tell I was totally surprised!
Darla