Friday, May 7, 2010

Lake Wolverton and Sledding

I have to admit, blogging hasn't been a priority for me lately, as you can probably tell. It's not that we haven't been doing some fun things, but when I sit down at the computer, the thought of having to sit and write something doesn't excite me. We've been busy (but hasn't everyone?) and are looking forward to the start of summer at 11:31 AM on Friday, May 21! Lily will be a first grader! More about that later....

Here's a few things that we have been doing and things of note that I'd like to blog about in the future: Lily in Kindergarten, Grace's funny personality and progress, Spring Break, Easter, Zoofari and the Zoo, and Golfing in Three Rivers. I am a person of lists, and it keeps me on task.

To start catching you all up, here's some pictures of sledding up in Sequoia National Park on a Friday afternoon. We started praying for rain and snow last summer already, and God, in his grace, provided! We received more than normal rain fall and snow pack this winter. Lily had a half day in March, so we drove up to Lake Wolverton for the afternoon. I also found out on this trip that one of my children gets car sick. Not fun for Grace or us! As always, though, she was a great sport about it, and it really didn't interfere with our day.



We didn't build the snowman in the above picture! It was conveniently located along the road where we had to make a quick stop. The girls didn't want to leave it and cried as we drove away.



Lily was FEARLESS on the saucer. Up the hill she went, over and over, only to come down again at breakneck speed. She was truly her Father's daughter that day. There was No fear in that kid. Sometimes Lily surprises me. I wasn't prepared for her to embrace speed that day. Sometimes she can be quite cautious, and other times, she'll throw caution to the wind and dive right in. She's a girl of contradictions.


This girl, on the other hand, wasn't a fan of the saucer or the snow. She just puttered around all afternoon, trying not to get snow in her snowsuit or gloves. When she did, she whined until one of us took care of the situation.

It was a beautiful day, and in true Lily fashion, she asks often when we can go back.

1 comment:

Jennifer K said...

So fun! Daniel also asks MANY times after a fun expedition when we can go back... I guess I'm thankful he has so much fun whenever we go someplace!