I've been trying to go to Farmer's Market downtown every Thursday. It's been fun going every week because you start to recognize people and get to know the vendors. There's a sweet lady who sells wonderful citrus. My "tomato man" is a young Latino who speaks very broken English but is starting to recognize me every week. He sells an heirloom variety called "Black Russian" that is very good. Brooke has saved some seeds and is hoping to grow it in our garden! Last night Charlie came with us and we bought the weekly supply of basil and tomatoes, along with a few other things and then headed to Brewbaker's for pub grub and Honey Wheat beer (for us...not the kids!). Neither were a disappointment! On the way back to the car, the kids were naturally drawn to this sidewalk fountain and could have entertained themselves there for hours. There was a lovely older couple getting much enjoyment from watching our girls play in the water.
Here they are both concentrating on the water. Do you notice that both of them are sticking out their tongues?! That is a trait they inherited from me!My sweet, water logged babies....
they both rode home without their clothes on!
This morning Lily and I headed over to her school for "practice" Kindergarten (Kindergarten Round-up). She was a bit hesitant I think because we were out of her normal routine, and I made her dress in nice clothes and curled her hair! (Heaven forbid!) As we were getting ready to run out the door (about 5 minutes late, too!), she decided she wasn't going to go, took off all her clothes and ran into her room. I was more than angry and frustrated. She got a good talking to! Of course, when we did eventually get there, she was fine and I had to drag her off the playground. Here's a picture of her playing. She is continually asking me "How many sleeps until I get to go to Kindergarten, mom? And, I want to ride the bus!" Time will go at lightning speed now, I predict, for me, but probably not for her.

No comments:
Post a Comment